Who doesn’t feel better being in a home that is organized, clean, and dust-free? Spring is here, so it’s officially time to give your home a good spring clean. Cleaning is an activity some will do every day, weekly, or monthly. From the bathroom to the bedrooms, and so on the list that needs scrubbing is endless. Keeping your home clean and tidy is an easy way to reduce stress. It is helpful to have quality cleaning products in your home in order to keep your home clean and free of germs. Some people prefer to clean room by room which can take more time and others prefer to clean as they go. Here is our helpful guide to the best home cleaning tips and the best products to use recommended by advancedcleaning.ie.
Before You Start
Clear The Clutter Away
Before you start cleaning, de-clutter the house, room by room. Tidy away any items on the floor, countertops, old papers, and magazines, dump them in the bin. Once the home is decluttered you will be able to reach the places that you need to clean.
Have all your cleaning products ready
Make sure you have every cleaning product before you start cleaning. To save you time, it is recommended to use a basket or a cleaning caddy to hold all the cleaning products in one place. Recommended cleaning supplies include:
- All-purpose cleaner
- Microfibre cloths
- Wood polish
- Rubber gloves
- Anti-bacterial spray
- Mould and mildew cleaner
Dust The Entire House
Dust every room in the house this includes the furniture, tv, shelves, units, picture frames, and everything else in between. Gently wipe or brush away the dust. This can be a time-consuming task if you have a lot of decorative items however when the home is dust-free it will feel a lot cleaner and allergy-free. Dust can accumulate on even hard-to-reach areas like blinds and curtain rails, so having a feather duster or a microfibre duster with an extension handle in the home ready will make it easier to reach these areas.
Microfibre cloths can cut cleaning time around 20-30%. They are more absorbent not only for dust but for liquid also. A microfibre cloth is an eco-friendly cleaning solution and it can absorb up to 8 times its weight. Regular cleaning of curtains, linens, and upholstery will help control and reduce dust mites. Regular dusting should be done at least once a week.
Vacuum The House
Make sure you have a vacuum that is a quality product and equipped to clean other things not just carpets, rugs and flooring. It should be a versatile vacuum that sucks the dirt off everything from floors to rugs and even the curtains.
Hoover those hard-to-reach areas, under the furniture, under beds, between the couches, cushions, keep moving through the house into every room as you go. Some hoovers will have brush attachments to remove dust from awkward areas, couches, chairs, light fixtures, ceilings, and corners around the home. You can also hoover mattresses and behind wardrobes.
Clean All Surfaces Around The Home
Your all-purpose cleaning spray can clean every surface and material around the home. Spray and wipe down all hard surfaces such as countertops in your kitchen, cabinets, doorknobs, appliances, and much more. Spray and clean down all bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets. There are many areas and surfaces that need disinfecting surfaces that germs and bacteria would be present. Take some time to wipe down your mirrors and glass with a damp microfibre cloth.
The Best Essential Cleaning Products
Whether you are cleaning your bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, or living area, there are so many cleaning products on the market that are recommended and used by expert cleaners like those at Cleanify.at.
An all-purpose cleaning solution can clean numerous jobs and every type of surface in the home. It is an effective solution for disinfecting and sanitizing but gentle enough that it won’t damage surfaces. The product can just about clean any hard surface from countertops, sinks, floors, and much more. It will remove dirt, grease, and grime. It is a gentle solution, de-greaser, and disinfectant. Some all-purpose cleaners have different ingredients and formulations, so it is important to take note of the surface it can be used on.
All-purpose cleaner products include:
- Mr. Clean Freak deep cleaning mist multi-surface spray
- Soft scrub total all-purpose kitchen and bath cleanser
- Lysol Clean and fresh multi-surface cleaner
- Aunt Fannies all-purpose cleaning vinegar (suitable for pets in the home)
- Clorox clean up cleaner + bleach
- Method all-purpose naturally derived surface cleaner
- Fabuloso multi-purpose cleaner
- Mrs. Meyers clean day multi-surface cleaner
- Flash all-purpose cleaner
- Dettol power and fresh multi-purpose, anti-bacterial cleaner
Window Glass Cleaner
A good window and glass cleaning solution is a must-have. You want to achieve streak-free and shiny glass and windows. Glass cleaner creates a very crystal-clear shine on every glass surface. Most glass cleaners are water-based. When buying a glass cleaner some do contain the surfactant ammonia. It is very effective for cleaning however it can cause irritation to the eyes and nose. Look for a product that doesn’t contain ammonia.
Window glass cleaning products include:
- Stoner Invisible glass cleaner spray
- Windex Original glass cleaner
- Better life naturally smudge smacking glass cleaner
- Method glass + surface naturally derived glass cleaner
- Mr. Muscle window and glass
- Mr. Muscle advanced power window and glass
- Vital fresh glass and mirror
- Hopes perfect anti streak glass cleaner
- Windex glass original cleaner
Microfibre cloths are your must-have cleaning product. Not only are they better for cleaning surfaces than paper towels or sponges, but they are super absorbent, quick-drying, and machine washable. Microfibre cloths can eliminate up to 99% bacteria with only water and are 3 times more effective than traditional cleaning cloths. Microfibre cloths are eco-friendly and can be used for various purposes around the home these include:
- Cleaning appliances
- Dusting the home
- Removing the streaks on stainless steel and glass
- Car interiors and exteriors
- Scrubbing bathrooms
- Wiping down kitchen countertops
Types of microfibre cloths
- Lens and glass cloth
- Auto detailing towels
- All-purpose microfibre towels
- Kitchen and disposable towels
Lens and glass cloths
- Great for polishing
- Removes streaks on windows, glass, mirrors, and more
Auto detailing towels
- Soft satin piped edging
- Towels for drying, waxing, polishing, and buffing
- Ultra plush microfibre weave
All-purpose microfibre towels
- Super absorbent
- Great for drying and cleaning on every surface
- Ultra-soft works great for polishing
Kitchen and disposable towels
- Suitable for healthcare settings as they are disposable
- Bar mop and waffle weave towels suitable for kitchen and restaurant settings
Mop And Bucket
Every home should have a decent quality mop and bucket. Go for metal variations for durability, sturdiness, and longevity. Choose a bucket that includes a wringer to drain excess water from the mop. A cotton mop is a classic choice and ideal for washing vinyl, wooden, and tile floors. Your floors will shine like a star. Mop and bucket products include:
- Vileda Turbo microfibre mop and bucket set
- Tornado mop
- Spontex full action system mop and bucket
- Vileda ultramax flat mop and bucket set
- Flash power mop starter kit
- JML X-twist mop
- JML aqua jet duo mop